Frustrated when his students failed to learn, Peter Gow founded a school in South Wales that continues to change lives in the 21st century.
Lucien Howe, internationally respected pioneer ophthalmologist, dedicated his professional life to the prevention and curing of blindness.
Technical High School, or "Tech" as it was called, was one of a number of vocational high schools built in the early 20th century.
At the edge of Niagara Square, bounded by Court and Franklin Streets, early Buffalo resident General David Burt built this mansion. In 1851 his family sold the property to the City of Buffalo for use as a school.
The prestigious Jesse Ketchum Medal has been awarded to the top scholars in the Buffalo Public Schools since 1873, but it wasn't until 1884 that Grace Celia Taylor became the first African American recipient.
Before the advent of centralized districts, schools like this one in East Pembroke played an important role in educating our region's rural population.
The large building on East Aurora's Prospect Avenue may be just another apartment building today, but it has seen many uses since it was built in 1907.
The Allegany School of Natural History was an interesting partnership between the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences and Allegany State Park. Here we share some images from these early 1920s camps.