Video of a presentation by Executive Director Douglas DeCroix to the Historical Association of Lewiston on February 25, 2021. Presentation topic was a WNY-built P-39 Airacobra fighter, its journey to Russia and back home again.
We remember a pillar of Western New York's heritage and philanthropic community.
A donated painting provides the focal point for a collaborative project with Buffalo State graduate students.
We examine the environmental efforts of this unassuming Buffalo jeweler to reclaim the waterfront of the city he loved.
Founded in 1859 by three German churches, Concordia Cemetery has served the changing East Side community ever since. Today, the stories of its “residents” continue to be preserved through a variety of efforts and events.
Built by Ambrose Johnson in 1870, the house occupied for decades by Dr. Williard Jolls became the center of the Orchard Park community and is a fine extant example of Italianate architecture. A collaborative arrangement between the town and the Orchard Park Historical Society is helping to preserve this important piece of local history.
A generous subscriber shared a photograph, along with an interesting personal history of a lost mansion on Buffalo's North Street.
Commissioned for the opening of the new Courier-Express Building in 1930, the mural painted by Charles Bigelow and Ernest Davenport is a significant piece of Buffalo's rich journalistic and artistic history.