An article in Western New York Heritage prompted a local cemetery to take action in memorializing two of Buffalo's scholastic pioneers.
High school hockey in Buffalo came of age in 1909, when a group of Union College alumni decided to create an organized competition among the city’s schools—complete with trophy.
Frustrated when his students failed to learn, Peter Gow founded a school in South Wales that continues to change lives in the 21st century.
Technical High School, or "Tech" as it was called, was one of a number of vocational high schools built in the early 20th century.
At the edge of Niagara Square, bounded by Court and Franklin Streets, early Buffalo resident General David Burt built this mansion. In 1851 his family sold the property to the City of Buffalo for use as a school.
Before the advent of centralized districts, schools like this one in East Pembroke played an important role in educating our region's rural population.
The Allegany School of Natural History was an interesting partnership between the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences and Allegany State Park. Here we share some images from these early 1920s camps.
The Passion Play staged by Canisius College in the early 20th century were on a scale the likes of which the city of Buffalo had never seen. Here we revisit these epic theatrical productions.