When the unification of the state church in Prussia created dissent among many Lutherans, large numbers of them emigrated to Western New York.
The full content is available in the Summer 2014 Issue.
In the mid-19th century, the Ebenezer Society settled in Western New York. Though they left after just 20 years, their legacy can still be felt throughout present-day West Seneca.
The Van Horn Mansion has deep roots in Niagara County history. The prominent brick building, dating back to 1823, is being restored to reflect the glory days of the Van Horn family.
Founded in 1859 by three German churches, Concordia Cemetery has served the changing East Side community ever since. Today, the stories of its “residents” continue to be preserved through a variety of efforts and events.