Cities Service gas station at the corner of William Street and Lindbergh Drive, July 24, 1934. Photographer would have been standing on Fillmore Avenue to frame this image. In the distance at left is part of the New York Central Terminal complex.
The same intersection today. The building is still at the corner of William Street and Memorial Drive (formerly known as Lindbergh Drive), and has been adapted for use as Vito's establishment which sells pizza and wings.
A detail of the original structure. Note the two men working on the rear tire of the automobile at left.