The Rich-Twinn Octagon House is a tribute to the exhaustive restoration efforts and united spirit of the village.
The full content is available in the Winter 2005 Issue.
Built by Ambrose Johnson in 1870, the house occupied for decades by Dr. Williard Jolls became the center of the Orchard Park community and is a fine extant example of Italianate architecture. A collaborative arrangement between the town and the Orchard Park Historical Society is helping to preserve this important piece of local history.
Commissioned for the opening of the new Courier-Express Building in 1930, the mural painted by Charles Bigelow and Ernest Davenport is a significant piece of Buffalo's rich journalistic and artistic history.
The experiences of Eugene Hegedüs, who came to this region as a refugee after the 1956 Hungarian Revolution, shed light on the history of the local Piarist Fathers, the Calasanctius School and the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Graycliff estate.