We examine the isolated gazebo on the Erie County Medical Center campus.
The full content is available in the Fall 2011 Issue.
Lucien Howe, internationally respected pioneer ophthalmologist, dedicated his professional life to the prevention and curing of blindness.
H.H. Richardson's towers get the publicity but the land now used by Buffalo State College was much more than a psychiatric ward. The author remembers her childhood growing up on the farm that served the Buffalo State Hospital in the 1920s and 30s.
Support has been mustered and expectations have been raised for the powerful national monument.
Built by Ambrose Johnson in 1870, the house occupied for decades by Dr. Williard Jolls became the center of the Orchard Park community and is a fine extant example of Italianate architecture. A collaborative arrangement between the town and the Orchard Park Historical Society is helping to preserve this important piece of local history.