Future site of the current Convention Center is the block in center of photo (bounded at left by the diagonally running Genesee Street). In the far distant center is the Central Terminal. Photo taken June 1, 1973.
In 1843, Irish immigrant William A. Carland came to Buffalo from Boston to establish a factory for the manufacture of ready-made men's clothing.
Taken in the 1940's, this image shows a large square building occupying the location.