Niagara Falls had been a trade center long before the falls became world famous. As tourism in the region grew, so did the demand for the beautiful beadwork made by the Tuscarora Artisans.
The full content is available in the Winter 2016 Issue.
For centuries, people of all backgrounds and walks of life have recorded their impressions of Niagara Falls. Jack Wysocki provides a survey of these viewpoints, as well as the accompanying development — good and bad — of one of Western New York's most significant geographic features.
Three centuries ago, French traders established this small, but important site in what is now Lewiston.
Oakwood Cemetery, opened in 1852, was typical of the Rural Cemetery Movement — but far from ordinary. Designed by railroad engineer Theodore Judah, it’s the only cemetery with a section dedicated to Niagara’s daredevils.