The future of the former sanatorium in Perrysburg is questionable.
The full content is available in the Fall 2005 Issue.
Built by Ambrose Johnson in 1870, the house occupied for decades by Dr. Williard Jolls became the center of the Orchard Park community and is a fine extant example of Italianate architecture. A collaborative arrangement between the town and the Orchard Park Historical Society is helping to preserve this important piece of local history.
In the 1920s, a fire ravaged Gowanda and left only a pile of rubble where its grand Opera House once stood. The community was devastated, but a local businessman was waiting in the wings to construct its next great movie playhouse.